Translate

Thursday, November 29, 2012

On Waiting

So I heard back from my potential new employer for my dream job. There is good news and bad news. Good news, I am still the front runner for the job. Bad news, they will accept applications throught Christmas and make a hiring decision in the New Year. So I wait.

On the plus side, December is an excellent month to not work and I have not had a vacation of any length in several years so I am enjoying the time. On the downside, until I have actually gotten the new job I am a bit nervous about the future.

When I graduated many years ago i was given a copy of Dr. Seuss's "Oh, The Places You'll Go" In that book we are warned that one day we will come to a "waiting place". I have to agree with the assesment in that story that the waiting place is not a place that is very enjoyable. Unfortunately sometimes we have no choice but to wait. I can only hope that the wait is worth it.

In the meantime, I am just focusing on being the best Dad and Husband I can be. Spending extra time with my family is by far the greatest benefit of the entire situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment