Translate

Monday, November 12, 2012

This is Not the Post I had Wanted to Write (Ever)

Last Friday I joined the ranks of so many others around the nation and lost my job. The exact reason why this happened is unimportant, let me only say that it was very unexpected. So now I am facing a Monday morning in which I have no job to go to for the first time in a very long time.

The thing that I have noticed first is the overwhelming inertia that seems to be holding me almost physically in bed today. Once I overcame that I had to come up with some sort of schedule for myself in order to keep moving, lest inertia win again. So, I have dressed and gotten my kids up and about, made breakfasts and started to think about and plan my job search.

First I will need to rewrite my resume. this is a big task that I am not looking forward to. I have not had to write a resume in a very long time and will need to start from scratch. What makes the resume writing even more daunting I have learned that a position which turns out to be the job I have dreamed about for years has just come open at the same time that I find myself looking for a new career. This makes me very nervous as I work on the resume wanting it to be as near to perfect as possible so that maybe just maybe the dream job can be mine and this unemployment will last no longer than an average vacation.

Whatever happens I intend to chronicle my job search here. You dear readers have been a constant joy to me. I can almost feel the support through the net.

One last thing today. Please check out my sponsors. Clicking on an ad costs you nothing and exposes you to a product or service you may be able to use. On the other hand a click does help me out quite a bit so each one is appreciated.

PS. This blog will still have all the things you look for and I will only post about the job hunt once a week. Come back tomorrow for my thoughts on re branding the Conservative Movement.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck in the future Fish. You will survive and overcome this set back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that fish. In case you missed my comment at the bottom of the chill thread this morning, I was suggesting you might get assistance from Writer Mom on your resume, evidently she's helped some others out and is very good at it. I see you've got her listed here on the sidebar, I bet she would be happy to help. At any rate good luck my friend.

    turn

    ReplyDelete