Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

This is not the post I had intended to write today. I had planned to write about the youth group trip to a water park on Saturday. However, bad weather forced the postponement of that trip.

So I came up with a plan "b" in which I would write about the schools failings at teaching the meaning of Memorial Day. (The day in the states set aside to honor those who have given their lives in service to this nation) However, my daughters had actually been taught what the day was all about. While I was very pleased that they had this information, I was no closer to a post topic.

I briefly considered a bonus fake news post, but I was not feeling very snarky so I passed on that.

So I have decided to share the recipe for today's cookout:

Ingredients:

2 lbs Boneless Thin Cut Shoulder Roast Steaks
1 Jar Pepperhead's Pirate Sauce (or other marinade)
2 oz bourbon
Salt
Pepper

Mix the marinade and the bourbon together. Place in a sealed container with the steaks in the fridge for 24 hours.

Grill over high heat for 4 minutes a side. Turn only once.

Steaks will be med rare. Cook longer per side for more well done.


We will be having a pasta salad, grilled asparagus and corn on the cob with the steaks.

I hope wherever you are and whoever you are with, you are able to have a wonderful day today. And please take a moment to remember those that have made your freedom possible. To those of you reading this in a nation that is less than free: We stand with you, your desire for freedom is heard around the world and will not be forgotten.

Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment