Translate

Monday, July 9, 2012

I have Never Seen the Movie "Marty"

I was surprised to learn of Ernest Borgnine's passing yesterday. I was going to use the word "shocked" but someone dying at 95 years old is hardly shocking. To say that he will be missed is an understatement.

I do not remember the first thing I saw that had him in it. I do know that I have never seen a movie, show, or animated series featuring him that I did not enjoy.

Being a child of the 80's I would have to say that the Borgnine from "Airwolf" is the one I remember most. The cocky smile, he made me think of Han Solo if he was my grandfather. Later I would watch reruns of "McHales Navy" and countless movies all featuring that same goofy grin.

There is not much more I can say about the man I knew only from the characters he played. Others will write an length the facts of his life, his family his awards. I can only honor him in the way any fan can: By watching his films again, and again.

I think I will start with "Marty" I hear it is pretty good. and even won a few awards from some sort of film academy.

RIP Ernest

No comments:

Post a Comment