Translate

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On The Return to Work After Labor Day

First let me apologize for the lack of a post yesterday. I was enjoying a water park with my family and generally taking the day off.

For most of us, Labor day is a day to relax and celebrate the end of Summer and the return to school. For Union leaders and Democrats it is an opportunity for them to remind the rest of us that THEY created the holiday and without Labor Unions we would all have to work the first Monday in September. Of course my response to that is "Great but what have you done SINCE then?"

The biggest problem with Labor day is returning to work. For me (and many others) just because we do not have to do the work on Labor Day does not mean the work does not need to be done. (For example I am still writing this just a day later.)

The Tuesday after is a hectic frantic day. It will be spent by workers everywhere trying to get 2 days work done in a single day. As I look at the pile of stuff I have to do today I have to wonder, was the day at the water park REALLY worth all I have to go through now? (yes it was.)

I hope everyone had a safe and fun day.


NOTE: For the rest of the week expect more, shorter fake news posts than usual as I intend to mock the DNC at least a little bit every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment